Monday, August 1, 2011

Wear No Black Week: Day 1 - Easy Peasy!

You all know how much I love the color black as a wardrobe staple.  Although I can recall many outfits that don't feature black, I'm well aware that it is a dominant color in my closet.  I've entered a challenge with Urban Darling's Facebook page to not wear black for one full week (August 1 - 7). 


I figured that taking part in this challenge might help me get out of my "black and white" rut I've been in for the past few weeks.  I'm feeling pretty confident that this week will go by quickly and without too much pain.  I just hope my black clothes don't get to feeling too lonely. 

The options seem limitless with this geometric skirt.  It takes on a different look depending on the color I pair with it.  Thankfully I'm a fan of all of the colors on the skirt so it makes choosing a top fairly simple... see how I styled it here.

Do you see these new gladiator sandals?  I found these at Target this weekend for $7.98.  That's right... less than a ten spot! I couldn't pass up a sale that good... especially on a sandal that feels a little trendier than what I would normally buy.  For the most part they are pretty comfortable, however, the top of the sandal was rubbing pretty decently by the end of the day.  I found that unzipping the back an inch or so relieved a little bit of the discomfort. 


When the boyfriend is deeply involved in Fake Fantasy Football, I can make whatever face I want and he doesn't notice!

Outfit Details
Blue Ribbed Tank: Old Navy
Geometric Skirt: Merona via FreeStyle Consignment
Brown Gladiator Sandals: Mossimo via Target
Cream Belt - NY&Co via Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.