Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Naked Commuter?

The Naked Commuter?  Of course not!  That would be ridiculous.  Since I have to commute to work, and I have to get dressed to go there everyday, I've gotten pretty comfortable talking about both... so why not write about it? 

I started following a number of fashion blogs over the past couple of months and I’ve been so inspired to wear my things in some new and adventurous ways, but working downtown in a building with other state workers can really put a crimp in the creativity. I often feel like taking real fashion risks can be difficult with the commuter lifestyle and can clash with the state worker mentality. 

This blog will be my attempt to document my lifestyle as a commuting state worker while trying desperately to not get stuck in the rut of the dress shirt, black slacks and white sneakers.

2 comments:

  1. Well I have to say that in my capacity as a state worker I wear running shoes 80% of the time. I'm not generally a dress up kinda gal anyway but even if I was I would not dress up when riding public trans. One wants to be as invisible as possible, make NO eye contact, but be wary. Also bring plenty of Purell in which to bathe once arriving at work. BD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging community. I already love your blog and added it to my Reader.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.