Friday, April 1, 2011

Red to White

Be careful what you wish for becuase you just might get it!

Red face to White face
 Over the past few months I've been having a hard time with redness in my face.  Some of what you see in the pictures is my bronzer or blush but most of the time, by the end of the day my chin, nose, cheeks and forehead are bright red.  And if I have a drink or two, forget it... I look like I'm running a fever.

I keep wondering what is making me so red.  I've been using Bare Escentuals for the past five years so I didn't think that would be the issue.  Lotion and face wash seemed like likely culprits in this ongoing drama so I've changed those up so many times I lost count.  On top of the redness, I've been getting hive-like symptoms a few times a week.  I went to the doctor a few months ago and wouldn't you know it, I woke up that morning and my face was clear... not a bump or hive to be seen! Let the mystery continue.

I went in to Sephora the other night to ask about make up options to help with the redness.  I hesitated from telling the sales girl what products I'm already using because I wanted an unbiased opinion of what might work best.  She kept pressing so I told her Bare Escentuals and added "I'm completely willing to try different products though" and she immediately headed right over to the Bare Escentuals area... fail!   

The last stop of the night was Ulta.  Once again, I asked what might help with the redness.  My sales gal, Brandy (at the Roseville location), was a petite, fair skinned gal with long dark hair and blue and green side swept bangs.  I hesitantly mentioned the Bare Escentuals and she said "The product could be agravating the issues.  Many people experience dryness and itching with that line. Lets try something else." I liked her even more when she didn't go straight to the most expensive products.  After trying out a few things, I wound up leaving with Studio Gear Flawless Foundation and Benefit Boi-ing Concealer for the really stubborn red spots.  Unfortunatley we did NOTHING with blush or bronzer and I wound up looking like I belonged in some teen vampire movie.

I liked the way the make up wore today once I had a chance to play with bronzer and blush...
Ahhhh, much better! 

For those of you that haven't shopped at Ulta before, I was really impressed with the return/exchange policy.  I wanted to know what would happen if the product just didn't work and they assured me that I could return the make up in 60 days (with receipt), and beyond that point I can get a store credit for the value.  Love love love!

(I don't hate Bare Escentuals, and am in no way trash talking the line. Their products have been fantastic for me over the past 5 years. My skin is changing and it was time to try something new...) 

3 comments:

  1. Had the same issues with BE and used it forever... time to just trade out i would agree. Glad you found something that worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know about Bare Escentuals! It's weird how different products create different reactions for each person. I hate how some salespeople go for the high end stuff first. Anyway, your skin looks great and your hair is so curly and cute in that last pic!

    psbtw, I am a fellow FBFFer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I'm glad something is working.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.