Thursday, April 21, 2011

What is your Style Dial Number?

I've been following the development of The Stylist Online for almost a year now.  I met Amy, the Founder and CEO, through Active 20-30 about five years ago.  She was a co-chair of Monte Carlo (one of our huge events) the year I joined the club which meant she was in front of the crowd frequently.  Amy was always energetic, friendly and wearing something fun.  So when she started The Stylist Online I was instantly interested.  Last week I was able to see what all the fuss is about when a few of us gals got together for a Style Dial Workshop. 


During the first part of the meeting Amy measured each of us and let us know our Style Dial Numbers.  I was a perfect #2 - I don't know that I've ever had anyone proclaim me perfect at anything before!  The idea behind the Style Dial is that once you discover your number, you can choose styles of clothing that flatter your figure and avoid the styles aren't doing a thing for you.

Once we had our individual numbers (there were #1's and #2's in our group) we went through a presentation showing examples of clothing to seek out for each category - tops, pants, skirts, jackets, jewelry, etc.  Not only did Amy have great photos, she also brought a rolling rack with examples to show us - I'm a tactile person so it was very helpful to actually have items of clothing right in front of me.  Amy even pointed out things that each of us were doing correctly with what we were wearing that evening.


Picture borrowed from The Stylist Online
 The Style Dial Workshop really helped me to realize what I was doing correctly and helped me to feel confident in avoiding certain styles of clothing all together.  I will no longer go in to the fitting room with clothing doomed to make me look frumpy. I won't waste my time on clothing that will never flatter my figure.  I will seek out a great seamstress that will help me to make my good items great!

Thank you Amy (our stylist), Lindsay (my co hostess), and the other ladies that showed up for the workshop.  I can't wait until my next experience with the Stylist Online.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your comment, I love your profile description, you have a great style, I always love seeing well dresses ladies. =)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.