Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scattered Clouds, Scatter Brained


I've been scatter brained lately.  I've intended to document outfits over the past week but each day an obstacle pops up that I just can't overcome. 


One day I forgot my sd card when I knew I was going to be out late... no pictures.  Another day, unexpected plans popped up and I didn't get home until well after bed time... no pictures.  Dinner guests kept me from pictures and posting another night.  And now we are in the middle of spring break with two kids at home and I don't like having an audience for picture taking... hence the changes of location!  I actually like the warmth of the yellow walls and the tree in the lobby so this might become an new picture spot. 


Today was one of those days that I really enjoyed the drive home from work.  The light coming through the clouds had such an interesting effect on the landscape.  I decided to drive past this spot that overlooks the Sacramento valley and happened upon a great spot for photos.


When scattered clouds are resting on the bosoms of hills, it seems as if one might climb into the heavenly region, earth being so intermixed with sky, and gradually transformed into it. 
~Nathaniel Hawthorne

 

Outfit Details
Dress: Sunny Leigh via Macy's
Black Leggings: kikaPaprika
Black Boots: Aerosoles
Necklace: Cookie Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.