Thursday, August 4, 2011

Busy gal

I was a busy gal last night. 
  • I finished a skirt that I started over the weekend.  More on this project later...
  • 
    Made entirely of men's dress shirts!
  • I finished my boyfriend's daughter's skirt (that we started a few weeks ago).  We only had thin elastic and I wanted thicker elastic for the waistband. 
  • I fixed the sleeves and then ironed a dress I bought over two years ago.  The sleeves had a cute cuff but they were far too tight on my super muscular ample upper arms.  I chopped off the cuffs and finished the edges. I also ran a seam along the neckline of the dress.  After I washed it the first time, I couldn't get the neckline to lay flat.  I'll teach you, you unruly colar!
  •  I washed two of the skirts from my earlier trip to the thrift store - the third one is silk so I wasn't about to throw it in the wash!  Bummer, the third one doesn't fit so I need to think of a way to refashion the garmet into something I like.
 What did you do last night???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.