Thursday, January 20, 2011

Big Foot

Update on the USB cable... Still can't find it.  So I went looking for my other digital camera, and found it. Yay, right? Except for the fact that the battery ran out after a few pictures...
and I can't find the battery charger for that camera. Has someone been breaking in to my house and stealing every other one of my camera accessories?  How do I call myself an adult when I'm so irresponsible?  Consequently, today's pictures are brought to you by the camera on my phone.  We'll get there in a moment, but first...

Do you know a person with a filter that just doesn't work correctly?  You know, that person that really doesn't know how to sensor anything she says?  Today I fell victim to a coworker with no verbal censorship - we'll call her Gertrude.  I walked near her desk to get my coffee buddy and Gertrude and I have a run-in that goes a little something like this:


Gertrude: looks down at my feet and asks (with a look of disgust) "What size are you feet?" 
Tiffany: "Size 9, why?"
Gertrude: rolls her eyes while making a noise that sounds like "Hmff!" as if I'd offended her with the size of my feet.

I'm still not sure what the comment was supposed to mean.  My feet suffered a little dip in self-esteem but I think they'll recover.


These are my big honking feet and the shoes I wore while walking away.



During the noon hour, this is a fairly fashionable look for walking the state capitol.

My day got infinitly better when I realized that Tina from T Minus, T Plus had refrenced my blog with a picture paying homage to one of my posts.  I actually laughed out loud with her analysis of what I might be doing in a certain photo.  THEN, I noticed that Sara from Bombshell Beauty also posted a similar picture and referenced my little blog and I laughed again, loudly.  Gals, I really appreciate the shout out and the pictures.  The laughter you brought to my day was priceless! 

Outfit Details:
Sweater - Fever via Macy's (Jan 2011)
White Shirt - Gap (Jan 2011)
Skirt: -New York & Co (Fall 2010)
Grey Tights - Still can't remember?
Belt - New York & Co (Summer 2010)
Big Foot Shoes -  Etienne Aigner via Famous Footwear (Fall 2007)

6 comments:

  1. You look darling. I love the sweater. Your feet are awesome. I'm big on tights. (This is Tap's wife.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless Gertrude wears a size 13, that is among the rudest things I ever heard. It isn't as if foot size is something you can diet away, tweeze, dye away or something. Maybe she was hoping those cute t-straps were just her size and she could hold you down and take them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of women with large or small feet. My size 7.5s mean that sale shoes are rarely in my size!
    alltumbledown: a modest attempt at style

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so rude! I love your blog, I am also a downtown state worker and until very recently took the bus everyday. I can tell you, I do not miss it. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrgh, I can feel for you when someone says something like that. It can be demoralizing. When that happens to me, I just have to take a deep breath and think about what I (empahsis on the "I") think about, in this case, the shoes. If I really like 'em then that's what counts. Personally, I like the shoes, but others may not - oh, well. And, let's face it, some all outfits that we put together are "spot on" some are just "on" us, once again: oh, well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My size 9's appreciate the love... thanks gals! By the way, I've never felt the need to ask Gertrude the size of her orthopedic shoes or her elastic waist band denim.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.