Friday, January 28, 2011

Friend Friday: Blogger Mechanics

Today's Friend Friday questions have to do with blogger mechanics.  So you will get to find out a little about the tools I'm using to get The Clothed Commuter looking the way it does.

Edited on Picnik.com

What technology do you use in blogging?
Camera: I use my Cannon PowerShot A3100IS (the back up is the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W50) and I use a Vanguard MK-3 tripod.  The tripod set-up is funny to look at because the cameras look so tiny on the thing.  It is a little overkill but the way I look at it, when I can afford a big-girl camera, I’ll be all set up with a fantastic tripod (thanks dad!).  My phone (LG Optimus S) takes a decent enough picture that if I need to, I can use that as a back up for a picture here and there.
Computer: I use my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop as my primary computer.  It works great for everything blog related.

What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system, photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..)
I use Blogger for The Clothed Commuter.  For pictures I do some simple editing on my computer through Windows Photo Gallery (red eye and some cropping) and I’ve been using Picnik.com for the collages in my blog. 
Cliche blogger shot
What is your process for taking pictures?
This question makes me laugh a little.  I clear off anything that might have found its way to the fire place. Turn on all of the lights in the living room and set up my huge tripod and little camera.  Then I set the timer and take pictures before anyone gets home, or I shoo them all out of the living room – seriously, I can’t take the pictures in front of anyone or I make really goofy faces and can’t pose right.  Most pictures are taken after I get home from work – it is seldom that I’m up early enough to take pics before I leave the house.
When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?
I consider a ton of places for photos and the truth is I’m surrounded by a ton of beautiful scenery but don’t take advantage of any of it because I’m too embarrassed to take pictures in front of anyone right now.  Plus, I leave the house when it is dark and I get home when it is dark so taking photos anywhere else at home just isn’t an option right now.  Plus, brining my tripod and camera to work would be a little difficult considering I’m either riding the commuter bus or light rail – way too much to be carrying back and forth.
If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying?
I don’t know… I’m a little intimidated by technology so new equipment of any sort always makes me a little nervous.  Maybe I’d like a big girl camera but I know I’d have to take a class or two when that happens. 

2 comments:

  1. When I used to edit my pics on a PC, I used Picnik...I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh Tiffany, Your blog is great- luv it! Thanks for sharing the info. I was just going to ask you about these nifty blog related questions I had. I'm so inspired! I want to make my own now :)

    <3 Your Cookie Lee Sister,
    Mandy B.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.