Monday, March 21, 2011

Back At It

 

I decided to take a few days off between my old job and my new job.  I had all of these grandiose ideas about how I would try to take pictures outside, update my blog, organize my closet, purge items that don't work any longer, and do all of my laundry.  Of that list, I did a few loads of laundry.  Where did the time go???  We had a production dinner at our house this weekend and much of my time off was spent cleaning and running around getting ready to have a bunch of people over.

Well, today was my first day on the new job.  Last night the boyfriend asked if I was nervous and honestly, I wasn't nervous as much as I was relieved.  I'm ready for some new challenges, ready to learn new things, ready for a change of pace.  The day seemed to fly by...  5 pm snuck up on me like it hasn't in years.  

Since the new job doesn't have a strict dress code I chose the skirt, t-shirt and the jean jacket.  I was aiming for fun and approachable.  Office apparel varied from a shirt and tie or polos for the guys and jeans and a sweater to dress pants and colorful tops for the gals.  While I was comfortable while inside, the wind gave me drama every time I went outside.  I had one or two "Marilyn moments" while I was running errands after work.  Skirts like this seem to call to the wind...

Outfit Details
Jean Jacket: Style & Co via Macy's
White T: Old Navy
Skirt: Lapis via TJ Maxx
Boots: hand-me-downs from former coworker
Necklace: Cookie Lee

1 comment:

  1. Love this mix! And so glad to read the first day was a good one.

    I had a few Marilyn moments myself today - darn wind!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.