Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friend Friday (a little tardy) - Beauty Is In They Eye...

This week's Friend Friday topic deals with beauty products.  Feel free to head over to Modly Chic to check out other’s opinions on this topic.  I’m sure this round of questions will uncover numerous products that are unfamiliar to all of us.  I may be rushing to the nearest beauty counter to check out a few items myself!  And on with the show…

What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product?

My first drug store favorite is Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara.  I used to use MAC mascara but the Lash Blast has taken that spot.  It wears well (dare I say, better than any other I’ve used) and the cost is usually less than half of what I used to pay for my MAC mascara. 

My second favorite drug store product is Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Cocoa.  I suffer from really chapped lips in the winter and I find this product keeps my lips moisturized, I LOVE the color, and it feels great!


My favorite high end products are any of my MAC eye shadows.  I played water polo for a while in college
and I would be amazed to get out of the water and still have my MAC eye shadow on after and hour of practice.  The colors are so saturated, they go on easily, and are so beautiful. 


Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
bareMinerals foundations - Bare Escentuals


My Bare Minerals foundation is my go-to product.  It is the only thing that takes away the redness in my face.  Even if I don’t want to do my eyes, I’ll still put on my Bare Minerals to even out my skin tone. 

What's the best hair product you've ever used?
 
Aussome Volume - Aussie


I don’t know if it is the best I’ve ever used but Aussie Aussome Volume hairspray is great if you are trying to get some volume in a backcomb or an up-do.  Frequently I find that the less I spend on the hairspray, the better the hold.  I’ll keep using this until someone points me in the direction of something that smells great and does this good a job for me!

Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?

Glitter eye liner... I wore it a few times but got over it really quickly.  Getting a few flecks of glitter (for a few days straight) in your eye will turn you off super fast!

When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?

Back to the MAC eyeshadow again – I love the stuff!  There was a time in college where I would get at least one new eyeshadow each paycheck.  It isn’t that I do anything that outrageous; I think I just do a little more than most of my coworkers.  I’ve gotten compliments from a few friends so I must be doing something right… right?

I'd love to hear about your "go-to" or "can't live without" beauty items.  It is always great to hear about a new items on the recommendation of someone that loves the product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.