Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ch-Ch-Changes... Bring it on!

Oh, is the suspense of waiting for the haircut photo killing you?!?  So as not to get out of order, I'm posting Friday's outfit first.  This is what I wore to work and then to get my hair cut. 

I really like this top but I may have to take it in to get it altered a little.  I picked it up in the plus section at Target a few months ago.  The upper part of the shirt fits great (the arms, the shoulders and the bust line) but from below my bust line it could use some altering.  I think a few darts in the back should take down a little of the bulk in the shirt.  This is a problem I face regularly with button down tops. By the time I find something to fit my broad shoulders and chest, the rest of the top is often noticeably too big.  For now, the belt helps to give the shirt a little more structure.

I think the total cost of this outfit was under $30.  The necklace may have been the most expensive part of this whole look! One of my coworkers brought me a few goodies the other day - these boots and a white crossover style t-shirt. She wasn't wearing them and thought I might like them - Thank you so much Janis!

Now, on to the changes...
The past week has been nerve wracking and exciting all at once.  You may remember that quite a while back I had "an appointment to see a man about a horse."  I couldn't really go in to details at the time, but I was actually headed to an job interview.  After two months of waiting, I finally got the job offer!  I've mentioned before that my department has been going through a lot of changes and unfortunately, those changes are ones that drastically changed my career path in a way that frustrated me. 

This week included giving my two-week notice and telling my friends and coworkers about my new adventure.  I've worked in the same building since 2004 so I have a lot of mixed emotions about leaving.  I will miss the great people I've grown accustomed to seeing daily, the incredible work they do, and the familiarity of going to the same place daily for over six years.  I'm not going to miss my 2+ hour daily commute, the crazy people on K Street, the panhandlers, the downtown smells, or public transportation.

I'm also trying to figure out how or if this changes the format of my little blog. The tag line will have to change a bit but I guess the rest is yet to be seen.  

Outfit Details
White Henley: Gap
Gingham Top: Energy via Target
Skirt: Merona via Target
Boots: second hand from coworker Janis
Necklace: Cookie Lee

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job Hun I hope you'll be very happy at your new place of work, its sad to be leaving your workmates after seeing them pretty much daily for years though :(
    Now show us the hair ! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! How exciting! So you aren't going to be in Sac anymore :( You better come to a blogger meet-up, then!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.