Sunday, February 13, 2011

#10 Was Country Chic

Items 4, 12, 14, 30
This outfit felt a little on the country-girl side but it was fun.  Adding the pearls was a last minute thought.  They helped to make the look less country-bumpkin and more country-chic.


You can't tell so much but I have on nude fishnets - kinda sassy with the boots and the gingham!  Do you think nude fishnets are too much for casual Friday?  I didn't think so until the lady sitting next to me on the bus asked "Where do you actually buy nude fishnets?" with her eyebrow cocked. "Oh, I got these at Macy's.  By the way, I really like your cranberry polyester high-rise pants.  They look so, um... comfortable." I didn't really say the last part but I might have thought it!  The fishnets weren't much for providing warmth but I thought they added a little color to my winter white legs without being the barbecue orange of normal nude color nylons.


When I wear this vest I usually tuck under the bottom.  It falls just a little longer than I'd like and it seems little more flattering at the shorter length but it gets old making sure it stays tucked under all day.  It is possible to hem a sweater? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?




Outfit Details
Shirt: Croft & Barrow via Kohl's
Vest: Merona via Target
Skirt: Merona via Target
Boots: Style&Co via Macy's
Fishnets: Hue via Macy's
Necklace and Bracelet: Cookie Lee

5 comments:

  1. Of course you could hem your sweater. Use big, very loose stitches to simply hold it in place. It will save the tucking up and nothing will show if the stitches are not tight and neat. Probably the reverse of what we were taught in Home Ec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give it a shot with the loose stitches. If it doesn't look right I can always take it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! Definitely country-inspired and definitely very chic! Not sure about the sweater issue, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this outfit! rock those fishnets on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the nude fishnets... might have to try them over colored tights soon!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.