Friday, February 25, 2011

#21 - No Snow :o(

Items 5, 21, 22, 28


Every weather website and meteorologist in the area predicted snow last night so I fully expected to wake up to a winter wonderland.  Instead I woke up to a torrential downpour.  The rain was so hard that the windshield wipers on full tilt did little to clear the rain. If I lived only a few hundred feet higher I would have been warmly snuggled in my pajamas for the full day... dratt!  I got to work and within an hour of being there I noticed all of my Auburn friends posting pictures of inches of snow in our town.  I only stayed at work a little longer before heading back up the hill.  I don't have a 4wd car and I didn't want to be unable to get home in case conditions got worse.

Now this might seem silly to all of you living in areas where snow is a regular occurrence but we only get snow about once a year.  A couple of inches of snow shuts our little town down because we don't have the infrastructure to handle it.  No plows, no sanders or salters, and people don't know how to drive in it!  It is almost less safe to drive in a few inches of snow here than it was to drive in a blizzard in Ohio. 

The snow level is supposed to drop to 1000 feet tonight so chances of us getting snow tonight are much higher.  I'm kinda looking forward to it, even though tomorrow is a day off anyway.  The only thing that concerns me is that we have many tall, older oak trees around our house and they don't like snow.  During last year's storm one of the trees in the front yard fell under the weight of the snow and blocked our entire cul de sac.



This is what happens when you are too giddy with excitement about possibley getting some snow!
*Snap* Ooops, wasn't ready.  *Snap* Again, not ready!

***By the way, I woke up at 4:30am to see if we had snow and still, no snow.  Now at 9:00am I'm thinking the snow just wasn't meant to be.

Outfit Details
Cardigan: Gap
Tshirt: Merona via Target
Jeans: Limited
Shoes: Alfani via Macy's
Necklace: Cookie Lee
Headband: Target

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this outfit. Casual, but put together well. I'm also a sucker for purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K - Thanks... isn't that sweater a great color?

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.