Friday, February 11, 2011

Friend Friday - The Colors Of My Wardrobe

Today for Friend Friday, Katy at Modly Chic sent out a great group of questions dealing with how we incorporate colors in our wardrobe.  Check out her site to see how other style and fashion bloggers have answered these questions.  You may even get some inspiration on how to incorporate more color in to your own wardrobe!

1. What color dominates your closet?
Pink is my favorite color and you will find quite a bit in my closet - everything from pale pink to fushia. I'm also a big fan of teal or any shade darker or lighter.  I also rely quite a bit on black and whites as staples in my closet. 

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?
I would prefer to expand on the colors I have rather than alltogether changing the emphasis.  I'm excited to be able to pick up more yellow pieces once the 30x30 is over.  I love yellow but don't have enough of it!

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?

I'm still fairly uncomfortable when it comes to mixing colors.  I prefer a fairly neutral back ground (black, white, grey, brown) with a pop of color.  I love the way it looks on many gals but I often feel like my outfit is a little overwhelming when I'm wearing multiple colors.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
I try not to go beyond three colors which usually means two neutrals and one pop of color.  When I'm wearing a printed scarf, I use that as inspiration and try to use colors whithin
5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe?
Two women immediately came to mind: Audra from Fashion for Nerds and Kasmira from What I Wore Today.  These gals are fearless and inspiring when it comes to color.  While my style is very different from them, they have inpired me to not just grab black, white and brown when I'm shopping.  They encourage me to step out of my safety zone and pick up a color I don't own yet!

Have a great weekend!  For those of us on the West Coast, enjoy the sun!  I've heard the rain is coming back!
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! I would love to hear what you think of The Clothed Commuter.